The Metropolitan Cemeteries Board (MCB) is a fully self-supporting statutory authority. The MCB manages six cemetery and memorial park sites throughout metropolitan Perth. These include Fremantle, Karrakatta, Midland and Guildford Cemeteries; and Pinnaroo Valley and Rockingham Regional Memorial Parks.
MCB contacted Corporate Photo Manager looking for a solution to manage their images in preparation for an upgrade to their IT systems to a new 'hub-based' computing environment that would mean they would no longer be able to load and view images on their individual computers via CDs and USD drives.
Key points of interest for the client were:
- A web-based solution with cloud storage was neeed to eliminate the use of various forms of digital media storage.
- They wanted to be able to categorise their images into the various locations - i.e. memorial park and cemeteries.
- The ability to upload images into the gallery was important so that they could digitise their historic film and print archives and include in a searchable database.
- They wanted to allow their stakeholders to view images in their gallery but not be have access to the high resolution images.
- A fixed-cost solution was desirable that didn’t charge data transfer fees every time an image was uploaded or downloaded.
“…so much easier than hunting through CDs. Also, particularly useful for people doing PowerPoint presentations internally.”